Thursday, January 26, 2012

Void

Last summer we stopped going to church. Jason finished training and his hectic schedule, combined with lack of sleep made us skip a couple Sundays. Then we went out of town and pretty soon it go to the point where we hadn't been to church in two months. I really missed it, so we went one Sunday and there was a guest pastor that was speaking. I felt so disconnected and I just didn't feel that strong urge to be there. We skipped the next Sunday and every Sunday after that. I felt bad about it, but at the same time, I didn't want to go just because I felt guilty. Well, over the past couple months, I feel like God has been calling me back to church.

We went on Christmas Eve and it was nice to see every one again. I felt like we were back where we belonged. We've been going back every week since then and I feel like a whole person again. When we stopped going, I felt this void in my heart and an unhappiness in my soul. It was hard to pinpoint where that feeling was coming from, but now I know. I never want to feel that again. I am most happy when I'm filled with the spirit of God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment