Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bad Day

I went to the OB/Gyn today for my "Confirmation appointment" I was really excited. I peed in the cup and waited in the chair for the nurse to take my blood pressure. She turned to me and said, "This test is negative." and she looked at me like I was a whacko. I was totally in shock and disbelief. She said, "I'll ask the doctor if she wants me to take another one." So, she took another one. It was negative. I felt like I had to defend my positive pregnancy test. Then she took me to an exam room and left me there to wait for the doctor. I cried and tried to compose myself the best I could. When the doctor came in she talked to me about the possibility of a "chemical pregnancy" and the possibility of a "missed miscarriage".
So I guess it's over. I'm no longer pregnant. I have no idea what happened but I'm scheduled for blood work this week and I'll know more on Friday. Jason and I are going in together and we're going to tell the doctor that we are serious about getting pregnant and we need to know what needs to be done to make that happen.

I feel foolish. We told everyone in the free world and now I just feel like a big fat failure, I feel like a disappointment.

I couldn't ask for a more loving and supportive husband. I feel so lucky to be his wife. <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment