Monday, January 30, 2012

Conversations with God


We just finished a series at church called "Conversations with God". It was about prayer and how to make the most of it. Last night I had an intimate moment with God. I shared it with my pastor in an e-mail:


Hi Pastor Curt,
Prayer is something I've really been struggling with. I hear other people pray at church and it sounds so beautiful but when I pray, I feel like a bumbling idiot most of the time. Totally not confident, unsure, sometimes even embarassed. Like most series, I felt like this one was molded for me. Last night, I actually had a conversation with God. I felt like I was talking with him and not TO him. It was the first time that I really felt his presence during prayer. I felt like he was listening to me and even responding to me by putting different thoughts into my head.. It was wonderful!
Anyway, Just wanted to share.
Lora


He responded with the following: 


Lora,
Wow!!! That is exactly what it was, the Lord was speaking to you. Now, combine that with reading His Word! I love emails like this!!!
I am so excited for you! Getting used to talking with God is kind of like getting use to talking to a stranger If you never had a conversation with a stranger before, I am sure the conversation would not be that flowery. But, given time, it becomes beautiful :-)
So proud of you,
PC


A lot of people say that God is their best friend, he is not my best friend, BUT I really want him to be. I'm going to start making more time for God in my life, the way I would make time for family or friends. Afterall, he is my heavenly father. I'm going to start setting aside an hour (or more) each morning to read the bible and really dive into prayer. I'm excited!

0 comments:

Post a Comment