Monday, January 23, 2012

Happenings

This last Saturday, I invited a new friend over for lunch. Her name is Sherry, I met her on a Weight Watchers message board. We decided to meet for lunch two weeks ago at the Olive Garden. As soon as she sat down and we started talking, it felt like we'd known each other for years. I feel like I can talk to her about anything, she's wonderful! So anyway, I wanted her to meet Jason, so I invited her and her daughter Amorette over for Quesadillas. We also invited John. It was a really good time and it feels good to be making friends here (finally!)

On Saturday night I started feeling this weird chest pain, nothing seriously painful, just a dull ache. I thought it was really strange, so I told Jason about it and we went to the store to pick up some chewable aspirin. I went to bed and when I woke up on Sunday morning the pain was still there. We went to church (which was fantastic by the way! We both felt that Pastor Curt was speaking directly to us! I love it when that happens.) Anyway.. we went to church and when we got home, we made some lunch and then I laid down for a nap around 2pm. I woke up at 7pm, stayed up for a couple hours and then went to sleep for the night (another 10 hours!) That's just not normal. I called my primary care physician this morning and was able to get in this afternoon. The EKG looked fine, everything seemed normal, cholesterol is really low. They ended up sending me to the ER. So, I spent 5 hours in the ER today. I had bloodwork, xrays, cat scan, the whole thing. I'm totally fine and they can't figure out what is causing the pain. I was told to follow up with my family physician in a couple weeks. I'm relieved that everything turned out normal on my tests and I hope this pain goes away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment