Saturday, January 28, 2012

Routine

Jason works on a rotating schedule of days and nights. One week he will work 6:00am-6:00pm and the next week it's 6:00pm-6:00am. Then about once a month he has a "long break" and gets six days off. Well, we just came off one of these long breaks and now we're trying to adjust to the night time schedule. If I can get in bed by 10:00pm, then I can easily wake up at 6:00am and have "dinner" on the table for Jason when he gets home. Unfortunately, I've been struggling the last few days to get my schedule in check. This morning I woke up at 6:00 made him dinner and after he went to bed I passed out on the couch for 3 hours. What a bum! lol

I got some grocery shopping done today. We are back on track with Weight Watchers and I have printed several recipes that I want to try this week. Most of them are Asian themed. Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry, Potato & Cheese Wontons, and Honey Ginger Chicken Thighs (on a stick). YUM!

Tonight I made Apple Braised Chicken. It was delicious! I tried to make this once before but instead of using apple cider like the recipe called for, I used apple cider vinegar. It wasn't edible. THIS TIME, it was edible, and quite good! It was really easy to make and it hardly took me anytime at all. If anyone would like the recipe, let me know.

My brother Ryan is in Shanghai right now with his wife Kim and their son Evan. They are adopting a another little boy into their family. His name is Joel. :) I'm so excited for them and I'm praying that they have a wonderful time in China and that Joel bonds with them quickly! Tonight I got to Skype with them in Shanghai! Here's a couple pictures. I can't wait for more updates and hopefully I'll get to meet Joel this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment