Sunday, April 22, 2012

Questions Google Can't Answer

We are in a series at church right now called, "Why? Questions Google Can't Answer". Today, our pastor spoke about feeling the presence of God and why we don't always feel him. Is it God's fault or ours? I feel the presence of God a lot. But I've noticed that I don't usually feel his presence unless I'm open and receptive to it. That's MY fault, not His. I know that I would feel Him more if I was constantly reading the word, praying more (I'm getting better at that!) and just opening myself up to Him. I tend to let my own agenda get in the way. I hate to admit this, but I've got to be honest, it's been maybe 2 months since I opened the Bible. That's got to change! I need to make time for Him, every day! Anyway, I'm getting off track...
The sermon was great, Pastor Curt reminded us that feeling the presence of God is not always some huge feeling. It's not ALWAYS the huge show of emotion, the chills, the warm feeling you get, sometimes it's a whisper, but if we're not listening, we won't hear it. God is always with us, he is always in our presence, it's not HIS fault we can't feel him.

You can watch a video of the message at this link:
http://www.victorychurch.ws/media/watch-messages/

0 comments:

Post a Comment