Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Elliptical Machine

I'm so proud of myself. This morning I went to the gym and decided to work out on the elliptical. That machine intimidates me. It doesn't feel natural to me at all, and most of the time I feel like I could fall off at any second, but my left knee has been bothering me for the last week so I decided to give it a shot because I've heard it's good for your joints, less impact and such.

I talked Jason into doing it with me and when we got on the machines, our conversation went something like this:
Jason: "How long are we going?"
Me: "Umm.. I don't know how long I'll be able to do this."
Jason: "Well, I'm setting it for 30 minutes."

After a few minutes on the machine, I was ready to quit. I was staring at the treadmills in front of me and seriously considering hopping on one of those, but I powered through, put on my music, covered the electronic timer and just kept going. After 10 minutes, the muscle pain stopped and it became kind of fun! I went the entire 30 minutes right alongside Jason.

WINNING!

0 comments:

Post a Comment